In the Moravian Karst, where our company Ernst Leopold is located, lasts the tradition of iron production and processing for more than 2,500 years.
The beginnings of the Blansko ironworks date back to the year 1698 when Ernst Leopold, the count of Gellhorn, ordered to set up the first iron hammer mill in the Punkva river. Its establishment was linked to with the work of Styria metallurgist Jan Ondřej Sinapi who was able to produce steel from the wrought iron.
At the beginning of the 19th century appeared another phenomenon – Artistic cast iron of Blansko popular in the Habsburg monarchy and all around the world for its gentle design, lightness, serenity and beautiful shapes. In their time were the Blansko ironworks the largest manufacturer of artistic castings in Central Europe.
At present, the production program of the Ernst Leopold foundry focuses on the production and sale of the grey iron, ductile, artistic and steel castings. We specialize in custom, atypical and small series production and we are able to adapt the production program rapidly to any requirement.